Friday 29 August 2014

shades of blue

n
I suppose this outfit ended up as sort of an accident. I'm currently home, I have two weddings to shoot in the area and am visiting family in between weddings...for these I was at my dads, and my room is in the basement which is quite dark. So when I happened accross this hat and paired it with this plaid dress, it actually seemed MUCH darker inside. I was walking around in a bright blue hat all day and had no idea until I sat down to transfer my photos from my camera to my computer. Oh well, I'll just go with it. Besides, mixing prints and colors is fun, and as long as YOU like it, then that's all that matters. Individualism is a great thing, and we should always do what we feel comfortable/good about despite society's "rules" for how to look, dress, behave, etc. 
As I mentioned before, I'm slightly (?) obsessed with plaid, which I believe has stemmed from my love of autumn and fall fashion. I truly can't wait for the days I get to sit outside in a cozy sweater with a pumpkin spice latte and the beautifully colored trees around me. Not to mention Halloween! September is now around the corner, and this summer has flown by. It's a constant reminder that life is short, SO GO DO THAT THING YOU REALLY WANNA DO.

  //Dress:Vintage

1 comment: